From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Table in LV

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all. I have a question about labview tables.

How can i create a active cells table with different type datas?

I need combo boxs + numerics + strings + booleans in same row and there all must be active (i can change this datas when my program runing)

Example: I have 3 cars. 

CARS             COLORS               Velocity               acceleration          Time             Distance                    Active?      ETC 

Row1- Car - 1             Combobox            Numeric             Numeric                 Numeric      Numeric                   Boolean     String

Row2- Car - 2                "                                "                               "                            "                       "                               "                        "

Row3- Car - 3               "                                "                               "                             "                         "                            "                         "

and all cells are not just control or indicator. If i write cars velocity, acceleration and time program calculate and show distance, if i write distance, velocity and time program calculate and show acceleration.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,967 Views)

You need to create an array of cluster. The cluster (=array element) should have the various desired indicators arranged horizontally  in the order you want. Make it a control so you can change it at run time.

Then you simply use a value change event, find the changed element, and update the other cells accordingly.

See how far you get. Good luck.

(Also have a look at this recent post or this idea)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,963 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I have this vi. But i cant control this cells when program running. And all cell is control in this vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,954 Views)

The array itself needs to be the control. On a value change event, update with the recalculated values (depending on which control got operated) and write the result back via a local variable of the array.

Make sure to disable all cluster elements that should not be changeable at run time.

(Your current code makes little sense. Basically you are growing the array as fast as the computer allows and you will run out of memory, no matter how much RAM you have.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,950 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author keremgeliz

See if this gives you some ideas.

Of course in the real application, you need to detect which element has changed and use a case structure to correctly update the relevant elements.

Message 5 of 11
(2,942 Views)

so can you tell me how can i set different limits for same columns elements?

example:  Number A max:100, min:-100 for first row and max:10, min:-10 for second row.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,888 Views)
Properties cannot differ between array elements. The properties of all array elements are the same. You can set the range individually for each cluster element, but it will be the same for each cluster in the array.

You can always program around this. Check what changed, coerce to the relevant range, and write it back.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,853 Views)

If i understand true, i need different clusters for each row and i dont need array (or i can use different arrays for each cluster)

in This position i cant set limits for each parameters.

Can u check my table picture. All parameters group have different limits in this table. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,833 Views)

I dont understand what you are trying to show with you attached picture. What is a "parameters" group?

As I said, if you use my method of an array of clusters, each column can have its own limits.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,828 Views)

example for parameters group in my picture: ullages column, all rows have different limits for ullages.

If i do your method i cant change same columns elements limits. But its must changeable for my table.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,818 Views)