LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About HTTP Server

Sir,

My requirement is to built an Interactive webpage using Datasockets and can be accessable from any PC.

I followed the Document named "Building an Interactive Web Page with DataSocket™" from National Instruments. I created a .htm file using VB6.0. I can able to open this file and connect to Datasocket server in my PC and its working fine.

If I tried to open in any other PC, the .htm file is not opening at all. In that document I can't able to understand what HTTP server is and where it is located? What are the method I should follow to view the data in real time from the remote Pc?

Please clear my queries that will help to complete my job as early as possible?

Thanks,
Ramkumar. D
Engineer.
Thanks,
Ramkumar.D
QuEST, INDIA.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,478 Views)
Ramkumar,

When you say you can see it on your local machine are you still going through the datasocker server?...or are you just viewing the html in IE? Once you have the dss running...you should be able to connect to it via dstp:///tag.

How are you viewing this on the local machine?...and can you interact with it?

-Brett
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,449 Views)
Hi Brett,

Thanks for your response.

I am first running the DSWriter.vi which dynamically launches the DataSocket server. Then I am opening the DSReader.htm file by double clicking it. (not opening through http://). Then I enter the source path as same as that of DSWriter.vi (i.e, dstp://localhost/test) in the .htm file. I can able to see the waveform updating in both DSWriter.vi and DSReader.htm. Its is working fine.

But I need to open the DSReader.htm file using http:// in my PC and also remotely on the PC that contains LabVIEW. What should I do? Do I need to use the Web server? If the remote PC doesn't contains LabVIEW will it be possible to view the DSReader.htm?

Expecting your solution.

Thanks,
Ramkumar. D
Thanks,
Ramkumar.D
QuEST, INDIA.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,436 Views)
Ramkumar,

I think you are talking about two different protocols/features. There is datasocket and there are remote web panels. If you want to move the data, and only the data, between two programs that can communicate via datasocket...then you should use datasocket. Datasocket is a third software program that acts as a median between which two running programs can share data. This is all addressed via dstp://... like in the example program at which you have been looking.

Remote front panels is the ability to host your front panel in a web page that can be viewed from html:... in IE5.x from any other computer (LabVIEW installed or not). This way you can display not only the data but the UI as well. To do this...you need to go to Tools>>Web Publishing Tool and setup the html page that will be hosted. Click on "Preview in browser" and see what it produces. Is this what you want? If so..all you will need to do is save that html to your web folder and any computer on your network, or with accessto your computer, will be able to view it. (licenses apply)

-regards,
Brett
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,415 Views)
Brett,

I am clear now. It worked out.

Thanks a lot,
Ramkumar. D
Thanks,
Ramkumar.D
QuEST, INDIA.