From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abort task that has not yet completed writing

Solved!
Go to solution

I am generating some analog signals through DAQmx -- these waveforms can be >10 seconds long by necessity (the sample rate is very low). I would like to be able to stop the output of the waveform when I press a button. What happens now, when I use the Clear Task vi, Labview waits some time and throws an error (Error -200292, Some or all of the samples to write could not be written to the buffer yet. More space will free up as samples currently in the buffer are generated.). The task is subsequently cleared, which is what I want, but I don't want the wait time. Is there some way to interrupt the writing of the task? I know it is theoretically possible, becuase I can stop the vi and the output stops, but that is not really a feasible solution.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,764 Views)

Like the DAQmx Stop Task VI?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,739 Views)

I tried that, it did the same thing. I also tried the abort task vi ( from https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15815) with no luck. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,729 Views)

Can you show us what your vi looks like?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,722 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jaberbob

Thanks guys, but I figured it out - there was a timeout input when I started the tasks that I had forgotten to wire, and it was set to 10s. Making it smaller solved my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,707 Views)