LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Abort execution' button access in block diagram program

Solved!
Go to solution

i want to reinitialize some controls to default when i press 'Abort execution' button. My question is how to access 'Abort execution' button in the program?

i saw an labview program do that, that's why i'm curious how did they do it. Unfortunately i dont have access to their block diagram. 

NOTE: i used a Boolean button to stop the execution and programmed it as to reinitialize the controls.

Thanks in advance!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,034 Views)

Hi giri,

you don't want acces to the Abort menu button.

You don't need access to the Abort menu button!

i used a Boolean button to stop the execution and programmed it as to reinitialize the controls.

That's the way to go!

Btw. You don't "program a button to…", you create some program code that is called when a button is pressed…

Hint: You can use the event structure to handle WindowClose events.

Hint: The user should NEVER see the LabVIEW menu bar…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,025 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

Like i said, i saw a LabView program do that. Do you have any idea how did they achieve that.

Thanks in advance!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,015 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author giri8

Hi giri,

the only idea I have for this topic is to move the mouse programatically and also simulate the left mouse button click on the Abort button.

You could use the STOP function to break your VI, but well: "Using the STOP button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car…" (famous sentence from NI LabVIEW forum 🙂 )

In other words: when you need some "Abort" feature your VI design most often is flawed!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(2,999 Views)