LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT commands for a voice modem

I have a Voice modem and I am communicating with it over a serial connection with AT commands. I am trying to put the modem in voice mode so that i can dial a number through Labview and play a wav file which should be heard on the receiving end. I do not know the commands to put the modem into voice mode, I have run Supervoice voice comms software and it manages to put it in voice mode but I cannot see what commands it sends it. Can anyone help? Im loosing hair over this.... 😃

I know there is a AT+FCLASS=8 command, I have tried this before sending ATDT (to dial a number) but it hasnt worked.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(12,573 Views)
Should be two files attached. The .pdf is an AT command set for Rockwell chip modems. The .zip is a small demo to record/play sound files through a voice modem. Porttest.vi is the top level. Let me know if anything doesn't come through ok.

Matt
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(12,572 Views)
I am using a Rockwell chipset and the command sequence for putting this
modem into voice mode is:

1. Go into Command Mode, initialize the modem, test for OK response
from modem.
2. Send Voice Mode Command, #CLS=8, test for OK response from modem.
3. Send Voice Line Select Command, #VLS=6, test for OK response from
modem
4. Send Ringback Never Came Command, #VRN=0, test for OK response from
modem.
5. Send the dial string (phone number) to the modem and test for VCON
response.
6. Then test for a connected OK response
7. You now are connected to the modem you dialed and can pass your voice
message.

Your voice modem should have documentation that gives you the commands to
shift it into voice mode. They may be different from Rockwells.

Parks

"BiG-C" wrote in message
news:50650000000800000011870000-1042324653000@exchange.ni.com...
> I have a Voice modem and I am communicating with it over a serial
> connection with AT commands. I am trying to put the modem in voice
> mode so that i can dial a number through Labview and play a wav file
> which should be heard on the receiving end. I do not know the commands
> to put the modem into voice mode, I have run Supervoice voice comms
> software and it manages to put it in voice mode but I cannot see what
> commands it sends it. Can anyone help? Im loosing hair over this....
> 😃
>
> I know there is a AT+FCLASS=8 command, I have tried this before
> sending ATDT (to dial a number) but it hasnt worked.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(12,571 Views)
I was wondering how to use a modem to call a phone or a cell phone to play a wave file when someone picks up the phone. This is for our system when it gets over a certain temperature we need to warn someone so that our system can be fixed. I am new to lab View and I don't know any commands to do this. I have only had a class on lab view at school. I was wondering if it is possible if so how would I do it? Please give me detailed instructions if it is possible.
Message 4 of 9
(12,494 Views)
I have been trying to do this for a long time now and it seems that nobody has built a VI to do it yet. I was able to build a VI capable of sending out a text message to a cell phone (by sending an e-mail message using the internet toolkit), but the phone only beeps once and then displays the message... This is not ideal for emergency alerts. Both you and I need something that can ring a regular phone and then transmit a pre-recorded wav file to really alert someone (in the middle of the night if needed!)

my plan is to take the code from the zipped example above (porttest.vi), and hopefully try to use it to rewrite a simpler vi just to send out an emergency wav. If it works, I will post it. I am not an expert in LabView, so I can't promise anything, but I will try... Maybe there is an expert out there who could help us?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(12,469 Views)
Would you mind sending me your cell phone text message vi. That might work for part of it. I am working on my senior project at college and am making the alert for the radio station on campus in case the transmitter room gets too hot. We have to make an e-mail alert as well as the phone alert. We have part of our vi working but we can't integrate it into our vi. Our time is almost up so we might be able to get by using a cell phone text message. Did you have to contact the cell phone companies to learn how to e-mail the phone. I don't know how that would work. I will have to look into it more. I would like to be able to have a phone alert if it is even possible. Hopefully someone else could help us out.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(12,452 Views)
I am basically using the default "SMTP Send Message.vi" from the Internet toolkit to send an e-mail message. Attached is a container VI (test_mailer.vi) that I use to send the message. Since we are using NexTel for our text messaging, the message is sent to [PHONENUMBER]@messaging.nextel.com. I believe most providers use a similar system.

When I first tested my vi locally, I didn't get anything at all in the message body. After searching NI site, I saw a thread that stated that you may need to send a carriage return before the message body when sending a message to a local mailer server. This could be just a bug in Microsoft OutLook, but not sure. Anyway, you don't want to send the carriage return to the cell phone's text messaging (it doesn't display correctly on the cell phone screen). This is why I added the boolean switch to control whether or not the message is being sent locally vs. Externally.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(12,433 Views)
Hey Matt did you make this porttest.vi and if so would you know how to play a wave file over the phone line? I need it to play when the temperature goes over the limit in our radio transmitter room. I just need a vi that will play the file without all of the other stuff if it is not needed. That porttest is very complicated so if you could send an example. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(12,342 Views)

You've probably solved this problem long ago, but I came across this thread a couple weeks ago when trying to do the same and thought I post this .vi for future users.  This code is for a multitech MT5656ZDXV modem, but I think the AT commands are generic enough to be used with any voice modem. Hardware configuration requires and audio cable running from the PC speaker to the modem mic port.  Also, I had to use a Konnex Office Konnector telephone line A/D which required me to manually pick up a handset; the software prompts the user to do this.  Fancier A/Ds should eliminate the need for this and I have one on order.  If you have an analog phone line then there should be no need to use an A/D or manually pick up the phone.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,507 Views)