LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASSIGNMENT HELP! (charts/graphs time)

Hello everyone! I have a urgent question I have an assignment that i'm working on, basically using a visa I am taking voltage readings throught a MM every 500ms, connected to the computer with a usb connection, and then writing that reading to an excel file one colume with the time/date and the other the voltage reading, as well as a waveform chart with the y as voltage and x as time in seconds. Everything is good except one of the requirement is to have the x-axis recorded it in real time with milliseconds! [e.i instead of increments like this,  0 1 2 ....  to this --> 3:48:33:22 (hrs, mins, sec, millisec)]. Also for my time stamp in the excel file the ms is only one digit how can I change that to have two or more? (e.i I have this 3:48:22:3 but I want 3:48:22:3***)? 

I have searched online, I found some possible solutions that I have saved and have yet to try them, assignment is due on Tuesday would like to have it done on Monday its worth a lot of marks, that is why I'm preparing myself with many different possible solutions. It would be great if you can even send me a vi! I really I hope I was clear in my description. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,144 Views)
Hi,

where are your different possible solutions?
We will not do your homework nor do we earn your "lots of marks"!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,122 Views)

I recommend you show us what you have done so far.  Then we can give you a lot better advice.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,107 Views)

Right click on the chart/graph and look at the display format properties for the X-axis.

For Excel, how are you getting the data into Excel?  You might just need to change the cell format.  Or maybe you need to change the way the data is being sent to Excel.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,104 Views)

Sometimes it is good to fail.  You might even learn something.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,072 Views)