From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASCII Data from Tektronix DPO 4000 Series

Hi again,

Earlier I asked about how to get data from the oscilloscope so that later it can be saved as a csv file to a remote computer.  I was directed to look at the Transfer Waveform Data from the Oscilloscope.

I followed the tests and I used the CURVe? query to get the ASCII data.  

The output can be something like this as a string:-110,-109,-110,-110,-109,-107,-109,-107,-106, -105,-103,-100,-97,-90,-84,-80

These aren't ASCII values that I recognize especially since there is a negative sign.  Does anyone know how to convert this back using LabVIEW?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,114 Views)

@_natalie_ wrote:

Hi again,

Earlier I asked about how to get data from the oscilloscope so that later it can be saved as a csv file to a remote computer.  I was directed to look at the Transfer Waveform Data from the Oscilloscope.

I followed the tests and I used the CURVe? query to get the ASCII data.  

The output can be something like this as a string:-110,-109,-110,-110,-109,-107,-109,-107,-106, -105,-103,-100,-97,-90,-84,-80

These aren't ASCII values that I recognize especially since there is a negative sign.  Does anyone know how to convert this back using LabVIEW?

Thanks!

Usually the manual will tell you what the output means.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,109 Views)

I think it could help if you show the vi you are using, or at least a screenshot. I can't garantee it will lead to an answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,100 Views)

That scope uses an 8-bit analog to digital converter and it's giving you the raw outputs of that.  So the smallest value your scope can read with its current scaling and offset is -128 and the highest is 127.  

I recommend you download the Textronix VISA drivers and either use them, either instead of your own VIs or as a reference for interpreting the CURVE? command.  But basically, they get the XY increments, origins, and offsets with:

WFMP:XZE?;:WFMP:XIN?;:WFMP:YMU?;:WFMP:YOF?;

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,098 Views)

Have a look at the WFMInpre:YZEro command in the programmer manual, the formula to convert the CURVE? query results is given in this section.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,066 Views)