LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARToolKit in LabVIEW

Hello,

for my Master thesis, I am working on an augmented reality system to measure cucumbers from a camera image. I tried to work out the marker detection myself, but because it contains 3D rotations, I didn't succeed.

I came to the conclusion that it would be easier to implement existing c-code from the ARToolKit in LabVIEW. Does anyone have experience with this, or an idea how this can be done? Or does anyone have other experiences with augmented reality systems in LabVIEW?

Greetings, Hans
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,453 Views)
I don't have any experience in augmented reality systems. I have enough problems with reality as it is. As far as using the ARToolKit, it seems that they provide a Visual Studio solution within the download. The solution is set up to generate libraries, but you should be able to use it to generate DLLs, which you can then call from LabVIEW. That's probably your best bet in using that toolkit.

EDIT: It looks like there's already some DLLs in the "bin" directory, though I'm not sure if those DLLs are the ones you need. You will need to look at the documentation for the toolkit to determine what functions you need to use.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 06-03-2008 04:33 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,425 Views)

hello

did u find anyway to solve your problem?

i want to do same action 

if u have any experience, please help me

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,688 Views)

Is there any  way to use ARTOOLKIT in labview

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,586 Views)