From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO not working

I have a PCI-6221 DAQ board.  The ao0 works fine but the ao1 stays at a constant voltage.  Is there a way to do a self diagnostic to see what the probem is?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,028 Views)

MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer) has some self-test routines in it.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 8
(3,018 Views)
I have done the self tests and MAX has said the device has passed the self-test.  Attached is a screen shot of the self test.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,012 Views)
You need to explain how you are programming and testing the card. Are you setting the output in MAX or in a program you wrote? If it's a program, try setting the output (only ao1) in MAX and see if you have the same problem.
Message 4 of 8
(3,002 Views)

I at first I used a program I wrote to test it.  The program works for the to ao0 output but not for the ao1.  I have tried  using MAX to control it and had the same problem.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,962 Views)
I tried to self calibrate the PCI-6221 and it failed to self calibrate.  I disconnected all external wires for the board when I did the calibration.    
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,958 Views)
did u see any error number displayed when trying to access the port? in MAX or program......If, yes..can you post the error message displayed.......
Anil Punnam
CLD
LV 2012, TestStand 4.2..........
Message 7 of 8
(2,944 Views)

Try this one it will help also.

Go to Measurement and Automation (MAX) then chose Test Panels, then Analog Output then chose ao1 on

channel name then put value on output voltage then click update. The range of voltage will change depends on

the value you input. If this failed, maybe your PCI ao1 has damaged. Can you show me your application?

Message 8 of 8
(2,938 Views)