From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO Update channels.vi

Can Anybody explain me briefly  what is the use or Functionality of AO Update Chnnels.vi  in Traditional NI-DAQ, i'm trying to actually transit my code from NI-DAQ to NI-DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,136 Views)

At one point, I was also faced with legacy code written with Traditional DAQ that I wanted to "understand" so I could rewrite it in DAQmx.  My advice, from my own (sad) experience, is to not worry about what some funtion in Traditional DAQ means, and just concentrate on what you want to do and code it in DAQmx.

You can use the DAQ Assistant to generate the code for you, but you'll also find that it is not difficult to simply do the coding with the DAQmx functions directly.  There's a DAQmx White Paper (I think that's what it's called) with a title like "Use 10 DAQmx Functions to handle 80% of your DAQmx Tasks" -- it's an excellent resource.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,115 Views)

There is no 1-1 correlation between Legacy DAQ and DAQmx.  (Thankfully)  NI got DAQ right on the second API they published.  If I recall Traditional DAQ correctly (and its been a decade since I switched over)  you should be able to use a DAQmx Configure Task and a DAQmx Write (poly instance that your task needs) to provide the functionality in Update AO

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,111 Views)

thanks a lot for your information , actually as per ur suggestion i used the configure task and write function to get the similar functionality of AO update channels. I'm attaching the screenshot of the VI. at the right end i have marked exactly the place where i used the configure and write function instead of AO Update channel.vi. Please have a look at the screenshot and let me know what ever i did is correct or not ,please correct me if i'm wrong..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,066 Views)

Screenshot of the VI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,064 Views)