LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI and Counter synchronisation

Hi all, 

I have a question regarding sample synchronisation. I have a simple VI reading an analog input channel and two signals from encoders using the counters on a USB-6210 board. The VI has been attached. 

My question is - how synchronised are the two signals with the current setup? Ideally, I would like to synchronise the the three signals to the same timestamp but I am not 100% that they are in the current setup. I have a suspecion that the counter signals are out of phase with the analog input signal.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,746 Views)

Does this help?

It looks like their examples merge errors right before each Start node. This makes the Starts occur at approximately the same time in case the initialization of each takes longer for one than another.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,725 Views)

As usual, with a bit more searching I found this link for an example program. Initialisation is very similar to what I had in my program so at this time I will assume that the analog and counter signals are synchronised.

Message 3 of 3
(2,684 Views)