LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF Inheritance on cRIO

Hi all,

I have started to experiment more seriously with the Linked Network Actor, to communicate between cRIO and Windows. One thing I have noticed while developing my test projects is this:

When I create a class on the cRIO I can't change the Inheritance to the Actor.lvclass. It offers me no inheritance other than the default LVObject. When I create it on the Windows side I can change the inheritance to Actor Framework, but when I move it to the cRIO the Class locks. As a result, I can't check the inheritance or make changes to it.

Why is that? Is it really the idea, to code on the windows target and then move everything to the cRIO?

When I do this, it sometimes happens that the launcher on the cRIO opens all actors instead of just the one on the RIO.

Thanks in advance for all your input.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,626 Views)

So, after moving the components back and forth a bit, I got broken arrows. After digging deeper it appears that the stop VI does no longer recognize that it belongs to the Actor class or any class for that matter. This seems to be related to this issue.

Does anyone have an idea, why this happens and how I can easily repair it? I will not try to fix it as described in the thread above, because I don't have the time to do this every time it happens. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,572 Views)

I don't know the answer, but I would recommend also posting to the Actor Framework community page. If you search the community for cRIO there are several thread already on the topic but if one of them doesn't answer your question, the people who frequent that community are much more likely to be able to help.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Actor-Framework/ct-p/7001

As for the issue with Stop Core.vi, I would try the following steps suggested by niACS here. If you are not already doing so, I would also try having a separate project for your Host and cRIO code. I have heard from several people that this tends to cause a lot of issues.

1.  Close all project and exit LabVIEW.

2.  Open Actor Framework.lvlib.

3.  Remove Stop Core.vi from Actor.lvclass (delete it or remove it from library - remove from library *may* clear the problem on Stop Core.vi).

4.  Open Stop Core.vi.

5.  Add Stop Core to Actor.lvclass by dragging Stop Core's icon into the library.  You must drag the icon; other methods won't work.

6.  Stop Core should no longer be broken.

7.  Give Stop Core protected scope.

8.  Save All This Class.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 3 of 4
(2,556 Views)

Hi Jacobson,

thanks for the input. I managed to repair the class like this. The question to me is: Why did it break? I'm going to have to pay close attention to this as my experiments continue. As long as it does, though, I don't have the necessary confidence to use it in an important project.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,543 Views)