LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADO function error:SQL execute.vi is not executable.

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for everyone who is willing to help me out of this problem that puzzled me several days,I can't find a similar one from Google or other forum..

Problem:

When I was using LabSQL,it came an error:

Subvi "SQL execute":subvi isnot executable. and then I searched the source of the error,it was finally found to be the 

"ADO Recordset GetString.vi":

"invoke node:invalid method"

"invoke node:invalid refnum class". 

What I used is Windows 7 and LabVIEW7.1.

Attached is the detail of this problem that includes the vi and some error pictures,and the ADO functions I used.

1-error.vi.PNGute.vi" is

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,075 Views)

Sorry,my network is not so good that I published two articles and attached two files, I really hope that some one can help me to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,068 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FedorLeon

Hi FedorLeon,

I opened the LabSQL library, and no VI is broken in there. Which leads me to think about 2 possibilities :

- Your ADO ActiveX  on your computer is not correctly installed or not using the same version as expected by the library.

- Your LV 7.1 on Win7 fails. Which would not be surprising, as the first LabVIEW version to be supported on Win7 is LV 2009SP1 😉 Give it a try on a LV XP machine, or on a LV 2012 on your Win7 machine !

Regards,

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,040 Views)

Hi Eric.M,

Thanks very much for your help,

I have tried on a computer with a Windows XP system and a same software of Labview7.1,the vi can run correctly.
Also,it has NO error when run on my friend's computer whose system is Win7 and the software is labview7.1.What confused me most is that we use the same Windows 7 system and same software.

But,it just doesn't work on my computer.

I even have also re-installed the Opreate System of Win7 one time and unistalled-install Labview7.1 several times,it seemed to be no use.

I really appreciate for your help,

Best Regards, 

FedorLeon

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,022 Views)
I have installed labview2012 on my computer later,the vi can run correctly,but labview7.1 still not.Why can it run on my friend’s computer with the same OS and version with me?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,998 Views)
I have installed labview2012 on my computer later,the vi can run correctly,but labview7.1 still not.Why can it run on my friend’s computer with the same OS and version with me?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,997 Views)