LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADO Error: 0x80040E14

Hi,

I want to interface LabVIEW2010 and Microsoft Access 2003 by using UDL technique.  I am using Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider for this interface. When I Run the sample program, its showing an error Error -2147217900 as follows:

(occurred at NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table If Not Exist.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Insert Data.vi->Untitled 1.vi)

Possible reason(s):
ADO Error: 0x80040E14

Exception occured in Microsoft JET Database Engine: Syntax error in field definition. in NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table If Not Exist.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Insert Data.vi->Untitled 1.vi

This error is not consistent, I mean it occurs most of the times, but few times it just disappears 🙂  I have searched a lot on the NI site but not getting any solution.  Please help me to solve this error.

Note: I have attached my sample VI named 'Untitled 1' .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(13,882 Views)

The problem is most likely in the naming of your table or field names.

You may be using a reserved word or need to use a delimiter to handle table or field names containing a space.

http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/80040e14.asp

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 2 of 6
(13,871 Views)

may be your creating same table multiple time with same name . please try different table name during each run of Vi . it will work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(10,560 Views)
Number 1: This is a 3 year old thread.

Number 2: That is really bad advice. Your application should not be creating tables on the fly at all.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(10,549 Views)

In my case, error 0x80040E14 was generated inside "DB Tools Select Data.vi".

What solved the error for me was adding brackets [ ] around the names of the columns. For example, I was getting the error when reading columns "Index" and "Date", but the error went away when reading [Index] and [Date].

The "table" input works with or without brackets, e.g. both "table_name" and "[table_name]" work.

Message 5 of 6
(6,449 Views)

It is possible that you have spaces in the column names. Regardless, place brackets like this [field1], [field2], [field3] for the column names (meaning the array of strings that attaches to the "columns" terminal).  This should fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,010 Views)