From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACR Motion Controller in LabVIEW -- Error: -2147483638

Hi everyone, I'm trying to use a Parker 9630 motion controller in LabVIEW. I downloaded the library called "Labview Library" under "ComACRserver6.x" but I can't seem to get any motion from the 6 linear actuators that my setup utilizes. I have made sure the hardware is setup correctly, as I have complete control of all the actuators through ACR-View (software that comes with motion controller). I am getting an error when I run the SimpleExample.vi:  -2147483638. Searching this error has come up with no luck. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,915 Views)

You should contact the supplier, to see if they have an error code database that matches that error. You could also try attaching that Simple Example here along with the values that you are inputting to see if we can help there. If it's their example, usually it should work if you have it configured right. *I say "usually" because sometimes suppliers supply really crappy code that is shipped in non-working condition*

Chances are you've selected the wrong COM port or something?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,886 Views)

Here are some screenshots of the vi I am working with and having trouble using

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,834 Views)

Please either share code by attaching the VIs, or by attaching Snippets.

That is an ugly, ugly example. Where does the error show up? Have you contacted the supplier about error codes yet?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,823 Views)