LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem when creating setup file

I use labview2013. I programmed some VIs that are put into several folder, and some VI need invoke other VIs in the other folders. The program runs well when debugging, but after I create .exe files, the program prompt that some files invoked can not be found while other files can be found and run well. It's also weird that deffrent computers appear deffrent, files that can not be invoked on one computer can be invoked on another computer.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,610 Views)

You issues seems to be relative path one, ensure the relative path between source code and executable is same. Relative path of the caller VI and Callee VI changes when converting to executable depends on your folder structure.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,596 Views)

Since it sounds like you are dynamically loading VIs, you need to make sure you include those VIs in the executable (part ofthe EXE build specification).

Otherwise, make sure you are use relative paths to call your VIs (ie, based on "Current VI's Path").

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,558 Views)

Apart from the already mentioned case (you need to ensure files are in the build) it could also be a lack of packages on the other computers, as VISA if using serial communication, which'd explain why different computers react differently.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,544 Views)

Thank you all for reply. Acturally the main vi calls the other VIs dynamically and all these callees are included in the project. Now what concerns me is that the callees also include some drivers supplied by the third party which I could find in the dependencies, but I'm not sure whether the drivers invoke some other .dll or other lib which is not included in the dependency. Have you had problems like this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,525 Views)

If you force the VIs to be in the build, then any dependencies should also be included.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,508 Views)