LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A different function is created instead of the intended one (Index Array instead of Initialize Array) - Labview 8.5

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey all,

I have a really strange behavior here. I'm using LabView 8.5. I open up a blank VI and try to use the "Initialize Array" function. 

No matter where and how I find it (using search functions, or by navigating to 7.x function->array->initialize array), when I drag and drop it to my VI, what I get is "Index Array" instead!

Even when I hover over the initialize array icon inside the pallete, while having the help toggled on (Ctrl+H), what I see is the help page for Index Array. It's as if somehow the index array has replaced the Initialize array function entirely, except for the mere icon in the pallete.. 

I tried restarting Labview and my computer to no avail. 

Has anyone ever experience a similar problem? meaning, a different function other than intended being created. I'm attaching a screenshot.

Thanks,

-Aidin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,529 Views)

I am not sure why this happens, but you can do a check. Go to Tools>Advanced>Edit Palette set and check whether the Initialize array really exist.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 2 of 4
(2,486 Views)

Hi Aidin,

it looks like your functions palette is somewhat screwed...

Why do you use functions from a "7.x" palette when you're using LV8.5? Why not use the "standard" programming palettes?

Why are there two "OpenG" entries? Shouldn't one OpenG entry do all the work needed?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 4
(2,466 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AidinForoughi

Thanks for your answers.

My pallette is a bit screwed isn't it? Most probably because when installing I selected support for a bunch of older versions.. which I regret now.

Funny enough, when searching in functions it only brings me the 7.x version of array functions etc.. but I can manually find the standard ones in my pallete, and sure enough, the standard 8.5 version of functions seem to work..

I'll need to eventually do a cean install, but for now it's all good!

Thanks,

Aidin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,429 Views)