cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Problem of "Reference"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have a problem to refer to a type which is contained into a cluster which is contained into an array. So the array is an array of clusters. 

Here is my SubVI

image.png

And the references which are contained into the "Array Reference out" refers to an Enum of the Cluster "Element". But I don't want that the references refer to this cluster "Element". I want that the references refer to Enum of the cluster of "array 2". Do you see what I mean ? In fact, I want to blink an Enum and if I can't acceed to this Enum by a reference, I can't blink it. However there is an Enum which is blinking but it is not the right. It is the Enum of the cluster "Element" ...

Thank you very much ! Have a nice day ! 😄 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,370 Views)

Hi karivotski,

get the reference of "cluster in". Get the components references, pick the of "array 2".

Now get the reference of array2-element (of cluster type) to get the references of the cluster elements. Now pick the reference of your enum…

Btw. when you set an enum to blink in one array element then the enums in ALL array elements will blink!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 16
(3,362 Views)

Could you please me make a drawing of what u say ? 

I don't understand, why all the enum will blink if I select only one Enum ? 
An other question, if what you said is what I understand, will it happens the same problem if  I use a Button instead of an Enum ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,352 Views)

Hi karivotski,

why all the enum will blink if I select only one Enum ? An other question, if what you said is what I understand, will it happens the same problem if  I use a Button instead of an Enum ?

In an array all elements share the same properties, they only differ in value.

This is true for all kind of elements, not just enums or buttons…

On your other question:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 16
(3,346 Views)

So I can't do what I want ... The only solution if I want to blink only one element is to do a cluster of cluster ? (I don't like to do this ...)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,341 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author karivotski

Hi karivotski,

the other commonly used option is to place a colorbox indicator behind your item you want to "blink".

Make this "item" transparent and now change the color in the colorbox as needed…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 16
(3,332 Views)

Yes here is an example I posted a while ago for something similar.  OP had and array of clusters, and wanted to know when one of the buttons was clicked, and to be able to change the background to be red on some items.  It isn't exactly like what you are trying to do, but it gets around the array limitation in the same way Gerd suggested, by having the value change between array elements, which changes a color box color.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,274 Views)

Thank you ! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,251 Views)

I can't open your file ... I have the 2014 version of LabVIEW ... Could you please send me your file by using this version ? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,249 Views)

I can't select "Allow transparent". I put it transparent via properties but It doesn"t change anything ... I tried with the properties node also but I do not see the difference ... 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,235 Views)