From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

98% duty cycle on NI myDAQ using LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to output a square wave with frequency 100Hz and a duty cycle of 98% but when I do this with labview I just read a flat 5v's and don't see any edges. I can output the square wave using NI ELVIS(and having it work) so I figure it should be doable with labview. Any sudjestions on how to make this work would be great thanks. I will atach my vi file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,663 Views)

Your attached VI shows a DAQ Assistant with no input device wired.  Are you not using the NI ELVISmx library for your myDAQ device?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,621 Views)

Uhmmmmm...Smiley Embarassed

you have a 1000 sample per second task with 100 samples being written.

Lets just check this box and make it a bit simpler:

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,614 Views)

Alright I have the box checked now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,607 Views)

I'm using an external oscilloscope to measure the output and I belive I'm using the NI ELVIS mx libary.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,605 Views)

When you enter the duty cycle, be sure and enter it as 0.98, not 98.  You can add a Waveform Graph indicator and you can see what the signal out should look like.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,593 Views)

Alright I tried the .98 and put it on the graph this is what I get.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,587 Views)

If this would be easyier to do using a digital output I would be open to that method aswell.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,584 Views)

Something is clearly wrong.  What happens if you use 0.5 and 50?  Do either of them look like 50%?  If so, that tells you where the decimal point goes.  Then you can try 75%, 85%, 90% to see where it breaks down.  When you have the answers, post them, along with your current code (please post the VI, not a picture).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,570 Views)

Okay so I have something that appears to work but I feel as theres probably a more elegent way of preforming it 

2ms edge.png

here is the output.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,566 Views)