LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

88705 error on 9172 cDAQ chassis

Hello All

I have developed a software to acquire data from AI modules and perform some data analysis. The software performs acquisition in two modes:

Preview mode and Analysis mode.

Preview mode: I acquire data at say about 1000Samples/sec as per the configuration. This will inform the customer if the channel configuration, like scaling, offset, etc are correct. If he needs changes, he can change the configuration and re test.

Analysis mode: I acquire data as per the configuration set and save data to file. The duration of acquisition varies as per the user settings. It could be anywhere between 10 seconds to 1 minute.

I worked with a PXI Chassis 1042 and PXI 6254 AI module inserted. I use DAQmx 9.2.3 and MAX 4.7, with LV2010 SP1. So far, no errors. I built a dll of the data acquisition module. My GUI calls the dll functions when ever the preview mode or analysis mode are activated. I built an EXE of this GUI, which internally calls the dll. It worked well on my PC and all other PCs around, which have the same configuration.

My customer uses cDAQ9172 Chassis with 9205, 9229, 9233, 9211 and 9237 modules insereted. He has DAQmx 9.4 and MAX 5.0. He faces this error 88705 as soon as he starts acquisition in analysis mode. Things work fine in preview mode, though. He can preview the data after configuring channels but cannot perform analysis.

I tried to suggest to him all the help available on th NI forums. He checked the NI Device Loader and the settings are 'Status: Started'  and 'Restart Device Loader' if failure. We cannot change the DAQmx version on his PC as someother applications need that.

I want to know if anyone can suggest the possible options. Meanwhile, I am trying to upgrade drivers on my PC and rebuild the application. Hope that helps.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,711 Views)

a possible solution is the ni device loader service is not starting. try the following steps :

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0819391CA91B3EB38625731D00024649

if that doesnt work we have just fixed this error by repairing NI-DMM and all associated software (I suspect MAX got corrupted some how)

also i tend to change the revovery options to restart on failure (all three)

hope it helps

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,707 Views)

Hi Freelance,

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/webPreview/89A6279147AA994A862572DF00491BCA?OpenDocument

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,703 Views)

Hello Akiel and danil33

Thank you for the response. I believe that the links given by both of you give same information.

However, with reference to the last lines of my Original Post, I had mentioned that the method indicated in your replies had been tried and was of no help.

Regards
Freelance_LV
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,689 Views)

in which case I would suggest my other solution that has worked for me, we repaired ni-dmm and this solved our problem, in our case i suspect max got corrupted

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,684 Views)

Hi

As I do not have the access to the PC for the entire week, I can try it next Monday and will let you know if that works

Thank you

Regards
Freelance_LV
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,675 Views)

Hello again

I kinda sorted out the issue. I believe the cause to be as explained below:

I am using the Reset Device function before configuring the devices for acquisition. I reset the devices, then create new tasks and configure the channels.

When using MAX less than 5.0, this may not be a problem. BUT, with MAX 5.0 and greater, the Reset Device function fires the above error. If one or more of the devices identified in MAX are not powered on, we can see the device identified but not connected. Known issues of 9172, Known issues of MAX 5.0 and greater have played a crucial role in my identifying the cause.

When I use DAQmx Proeprty to get device names and reset them all, THIS powered off device fires another error -200324.

We will have to handle such errors if we belive the customer may do something like that - power on only one Chassis and leave the other powered off.

Now, I have disabled the Reset device for the devices which are not powered on and handled the errors too.

So, my acquisition is going on quite well.

Thank you guys for the help offered!

Regards
Freelance_LV
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,644 Views)