From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 segment with potmeter

Hello all,

I got a question related to LabVIEW 7 segment display.

Im really a beginner with LabVIEW but i want to create a 7 segment display which you can adjust with a potionmeter.

So when I turn the potmeter to 1 the display must also give 1 and so forth.

In the attachment I put my file for how far i got. I only got the segment display set up and this took me a lot of time. So i really hope some one can help me a little! 

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,011 Views)

The best implementation I have seen for a 7-segment display was to put the LEDs into a cluster and make a lookup table based on the number you want to display.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(2,989 Views)

Crossrulz,

I there maybe a possibility that you can send me the .vi file of your solution?

Cause like i said in my start post im really a beginner in LabVIEW and making that cluster with lookup table feels like impossible for me.

I hope i didn't ask to much of you but it really would help me out!

Thanks anyway.

Kind regards,

Rob 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,950 Views)
He attached a Snippet, which is a VI. Look it up In your Help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,941 Views)

@Summa wrote:

Cause like i said in my start post im really a beginner in LabVIEW and making that cluster with lookup table feels like impossible for me.

It is far from impossible for you.  Do you know how to create a cluster?  Do you know how to create an array?  You just need to make an array of cluster values that correspond to the desired output.  They are very simple to make.  But if you find that next to impossible, I hgihly recommend you try some tutorials.

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training
Learning NI
Getting Started with NI Products

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,935 Views)

I dont know how to create a array. Yet.

So I will look at the files and tutorials you sent me. Hope it helps me to the solution!

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,924 Views)

I have tried all day doing tutorials and introduction. But my lack of Labview and enlish knowledge is to big. 

I just cant get the array to work. 

I hope you can give me maybe some tips and tricks to build it ? It woud really help me out.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,880 Views)
What have you done? The indicator itself is a cluster of seven Booleans and after creating an array constant, you have to insert a cluster constant with that number of elements. You can then drag the array to show multiple array elements and just click on the Booleans to change their value. And, as I said, the image is a Snippet that you can just drag to a block diagram after saving the file to disk.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,874 Views)