LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit installation question

have a question about LabVIEW 64bit installation. 

Besides LabVIEW, we have NI Vision, Database Toolkit, etc. When installing LabVIEW 64-bit, do I need to install the 64-bit versions of those Toolkits too? I understand some toolkits don't have 64-bit version, such as MathScript. What about NI Vision and database toolkit?

When LabVIEW 64-bit is open, does it automatically converts the VIs from other toolkits into 64-bit?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,091 Views)

You need the 64bit version of the toolkits for use in LabVIEW 64bit.

Unless you require the additional address space, you should install the 32bit version instead. E.g. if you require MathScript, you have no choice.

@MengHuiHanTang wrote:

When LabVIEW 64-bit is open, does it automatically converts the VIs from other toolkits into 64-bit?

No.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,088 Views)

If LabVIEW does not find 64-bit toolkits, what happens? LV reports an error? Or it will loads the 32bit version instead?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,082 Views)

LabVIEW will load the available toolkits. it will not be aware of toolkits in a different bitness and will thus not report any errors. These toolkits will simply not be available or will not even install.

I assume you already studies the relevant FAQs and found the compatibility matrix, right?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,077 Views)

LabVIEW will not be aware of the toolkits in different bitness. That means if I open a previous 32-bit project in 64-bit LabVIEW, it will show me a broken arrow when it cannot find some 64-bit version toolkit VIs, correct? 

Thanks much for the replies. I understand better now. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,067 Views)

correct.

What is the reason you think you need LabVIEW 64bit?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,065 Views)

Many of our customers like hearing the new stuffs, like the 64-bit PCs and softwares. 64-bit sounds more like 21st century than 32-bit.  I am pretty sure it won't make much difference performance-wise, but hey, that's the future, we all should think long term, right? That's the reason, if it is one. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,060 Views)

The other reason is some Vision applicaitons have memory issues. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,056 Views)
Vision is one of the few 64 bit toolkits.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,029 Views)

Vision and Database are the two I know of with 64-bit version. On the wish list are Motion module and Mathscript module.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,023 Views)