LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using PCI 6024 Daq device to measure volt, and temp, I've connected volt to AI0 to AI3, and I get every thing ok in voltage measurement,

but, I faild to read a thermistor sensor connected to AI4

I replaced the sensor with a decade resistor in order to try the connection, and I measure the voltage on a DMM after signal conditionning and it changes according to the resistance change, I measured the current (30 mA)  (I think the connection is ok)

I configure the channel on the daq assistant in labview

Read analog--> resistance --> thermistor with the configuation of excitation sorce to external: 30 mA , with no response

I've tried the NI example (RTD) example, also no response

can anyone help me in the pin connection and the labview daq assisstant configuration

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,833 Views)

Hi abodorra,

why don't you just read the voltage over your resistor and divide the result by 0.03 (30mA) on your own?

It's just one more voltage signal in your voltage DAQmx task with channels AI00 to AI03…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,821 Views)

Hi Gred,

Thanks for your fast reply

I did what you suggest me to do, and it works, I connect current source across variable resistance and changed the value of the vlotage via the resistance value 

let me tell you the actual problem 

I'm actually working on upgrading the software of already working system using labview

the old system's software are written in c programming language

A thermistor is connedted to an analog input of 6024 daq (only two wires - AI4 and a gorund), there must be an external excitation to drive the thermistor circuit, but i can't understand this circuit.

is there any source that describe the connection circuit of the thermistor that drived by an external excitation source??

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,795 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abodorra

Hi Abodorra,

Google will show you nice schematics when you search for "thermistor circuit"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,792 Views)

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,681 Views)