LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50-5050 Hz sweep signal

Good afternoon,

I need to generate a sweep signal that starts with a frequency of 50Hz and ends at 5050 Hz. Initially I tried to link the signal generation.VI with the sample counter of a "for" loop. In other words, I thought that as the counter numerical output increases so will do the frequency of the signal given by the signal generator VI. The ideea is not bad, it works but after each iteration of my "for" loop the output signal is stopped for a few tens or houndreds of miliseconds. In other words, this method gives me a signal that linearly increase from 50 to 5050Hz but it it interrupted a bit after each iteration of that "for" loop.

It already passed a day since I search for a solution to get rid of thise interruprion after each iteration. Can you suggest me something ?

I also tried to use some "chirp" VI but I didn't (yet) managed to made them work as I want. So, if you don't have any ideas about the first method, maybe you have some ideas about using the "chirp" VIs.

Regards,

Ciprian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,158 Views)

Problem solved !

The interruption I was talking about was caused the wrong timing settings of the simulate Signal VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,140 Views)

You can do hardware timed frequency sweeps using the newer counter outputs.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-32352

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,096 Views)