LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 resizable graphs

Hello,

I try to develop an application which contain four graphs. This graphs are in a TabControl (Tab Selection =1) and must be resizable when the user change the size of the windows. The proportions souhld be the same.

The attached file show that i need but is there an efficient way to develop it ?

Thank you

Djamel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,997 Views)

Considering that the graphs are in a container (I Hate Tabs) there is no way to automatically scale them with the resize of the container that resizes with the pane it is in.

You COULD use the panel resize event or the pane size event to read the new container bounds and resize the graphs with a bit of math.

Make sure you set the windows minimum size properties.

Easier, Just get rid of the Tab and set the VI Property.windows size.scale all = T Only available on single pane panels and tabs create a new pain[SIC] 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 7
(2,974 Views)
It's always a really good idea to avoid tabs ESPECIALLY when graphs are involved. Tab controls are a great evil, ranking just below "Very Brady" christmas specials. (If you aren't from the US, you won't recognize the TV show, but trust me. They were bad...Oops, sorry, having an ADD moment there...)

Depending on how the rest of your program is structured, good alternatives include using subpanels, or have just one graphs and play with the data so it looks like you have more than one.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 3 of 7
(2,942 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:
It's always a really good idea to avoid tabs ESPECIALLY when graphs are involved. Tab controls are a great evil, ranking just below "Very Brady" christmas specials. 

Mike...

I hate tabs.   Check my tag cloud!  But, I've never heard it put so eloquently before.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,931 Views)

I have done this before using sub-panels instead of tabs, with a row of buttons to choose which sub-panel vi to load in place of the tab strip.

This has several advantages including

(a) the sub panels can be resized and contain splitters and all that other rather second rate resizing functionality that LabView offers (I wish they would take a leaf out of the .net UI experience, but I think I'll be too old to care by the time NI gets into the 21stC with their UI)

(b) your sub-panel vis can be easily dropped in to other projects = incredible time saver (I have used my graph panel in multiple projects).

Well worth looking into.

Stu.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,895 Views)
Well said Stu, that's why I did 3 posts on them.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,883 Views)

Hello

Thank you to all of you for yours answers.

So i will try to use subpanel instead of tabcontrol

Djamel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,874 Views)