From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d surface plot, color ramp problem, can I fix its range?

Hi all:

I have found a lot of discussions on this topic. The color ramp of the new 3d surface plot tends to autoscale no matter what you do. 

Is there a way that I can fix its range and let it show the color I want for its corresponding number?

It seems that most people consider this as a labview internal bug. If so, is there any alternative way to do similar things?

Thanks

Shuo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,356 Views)

Hi Shuo,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, you are correct in thinking that this is an internal bug in LabVIEW. Could I ask please what version of LabVIEW are you using? It was first reported in version 8.6 but I believe it should have been fixed in more recent versions.

Kind Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,332 Views)

Hello, the labview version I am using is 2010.

I have found an alternative way to solve it by using the CW3dgraph option instead of the new 3d surface plot option.

It will be great if you can find a way to fix the 3d surface plot bug for other people in the near future. I just can not find a way to disable the autoscale option

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,330 Views)

Hi Shuo,

I'm glad that you've managed to find a way around this issue, I believe that in LabVIEW 2011 the bug may well be fixed as I cannot see any reports of it occurring in the more recent versions.

Thank you for reporting this anyway!

Kind Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,326 Views)

David, I believe int he LV 2011 the problem is still there, exactly as other described that before.

In addition, the color ramp becomes quite useless if one needs to use a Log scale on the data along the z axis.

It woudl be very nice if NI woudl have that fixed i.e. setup properly.

Thanks,

Pavel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,301 Views)

Any updates on this?  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,058 Views)

I think it's still broken in LabVIEW 2014.  I haven't been able to change it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,867 Views)

This is still broken in 2015 as of 6/1/2020, it would be nice if somebody could fix it since the issue goes back to at least 2008.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,064 Views)