LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d surface plot, color ramp problem, can I fix its range?

Hi all:

I have found a lot of discussions on this topic. The color ramp of the new 3d surface plot tends to autoscale no matter what you do. 

Is there a way that I can fix its range and let it show the color I want for its corresponding number?

It seems that most people consider this as a labview internal bug. If so, is there any alternative way to do similar things?

Thanks

Shuo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,327 Views)

Hi Shuo,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, you are correct in thinking that this is an internal bug in LabVIEW. Could I ask please what version of LabVIEW are you using? It was first reported in version 8.6 but I believe it should have been fixed in more recent versions.

Kind Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,303 Views)

Hello, the labview version I am using is 2010.

I have found an alternative way to solve it by using the CW3dgraph option instead of the new 3d surface plot option.

It will be great if you can find a way to fix the 3d surface plot bug for other people in the near future. I just can not find a way to disable the autoscale option

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,301 Views)

Hi Shuo,

I'm glad that you've managed to find a way around this issue, I believe that in LabVIEW 2011 the bug may well be fixed as I cannot see any reports of it occurring in the more recent versions.

Thank you for reporting this anyway!

Kind Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,297 Views)

David, I believe int he LV 2011 the problem is still there, exactly as other described that before.

In addition, the color ramp becomes quite useless if one needs to use a Log scale on the data along the z axis.

It woudl be very nice if NI woudl have that fixed i.e. setup properly.

Thanks,

Pavel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,272 Views)

Any updates on this?  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,029 Views)

I think it's still broken in LabVIEW 2014.  I haven't been able to change it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,838 Views)

This is still broken in 2015 as of 6/1/2020, it would be nice if somebody could fix it since the issue goes back to at least 2008.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,035 Views)