LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d printer

I am working on a 3d printer using arduino mega with RAMPS shield. I am uploading LIFA_BASE in arduino and running stepper example. None of the motors are working but when I take out the stepper drive and run directly through Labview, then it works.

Can anybody tell what is the problem ?

Message 1 of 8
(3,528 Views)

vipulkumar,

We actually have a forum specifically for the LabVIEW Interface with Arduino. I would recommend posting this question to that forum, as you will get visibility with users more familiar with LIFA.

LabVIEW Interface with Arduino Forum

Regards,

Hannah 

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments 

www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,451 Views)

Yes but that being said LIFA is also no longer getting updates and the replacement is now LINX which has more features and hardware support.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,430 Views)

Do they have some program for arduino for 3d printer ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,424 Views)

@vipulkumar731 wrote:

Do they have some program for arduino for 3d printer ?

No.  Besides the fact that "3d printer" is far too generic (make, model, size, communication method, protocol, etc). The tookit is less about how to communicate with any hardware, and more about allowing a microcontroller to be more easily controlled in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,415 Views)

So do I still need LIFA and from where can I get it for 3d printer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,406 Views)

No.  As Hoovahh said you should be getting LINX.  And there is nothing "for a 3D printer".  LINX connects LabVIEW to the Arduino.  The 3D printer is what connects to the Arduino.  So anything that has to happen special is the program that gets put on the Arduino.  Those aren't LabVIEW questions, but questions you need to ask on a forum about 3D printers or on Arduinos.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,396 Views)

Nice Your Post

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,837 Views)