LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d plot

hello,
i have read a lots before, but i have a question about 3d plot still.
i want to plot a cube which is composed of xy planes along z axis and xy plane is composed of lines that are parallel to y axis or x axis.
now i can  plot  only one xy plane, how to plot a cube 3d plot?
thanks very much.

yhszz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,355 Views)

jiankang posted his solution yesterday showing how to add plots dynamically in this thread.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=169831&jump=true

If you have already done one plan then you can apply Jiankang's example to produce multiples.

If you desire follow-up assistance, please post an example of what you have "so-far" so we can help you more.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,348 Views)
thanks Ben for your reply very much.
my question is like to that samples.  there is a different thing that many lines are plot in that sample. i want to plot many xy planes such as many pages in a book, each page is represented by many (x,y)dots , all pages are arrayed along z axis. How to plot 3d plot like that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,338 Views)

I am limited in how much I can help by the fact you are not posting any examples!

Help me help you by posting the code you are working on so we can "peek over your sholder" and offer some advices.

Lacking any examples from you, I am forced to just point you at me "worse case" example and again ask you to post an example.

The "worse case" example can be found in reply #7 of this thread

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=143663&jump=true

Please read through all of my posting in that thread.

This image is a preview of what I explain in that thread.

If you still have questions please post an example using your data.

If this is helpful, please post an example of your final results so I can help others like you in the future.

Doing what I can,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,333 Views)
I found this one recently.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,324 Views)

dear Ben,

i'm glad to see your reply, thank you very much.

here is my sample,but it is very bad which cannt show cube effect, and these three planes can't make rectangles or cube. If i have many more planes,they all can't make one 3d plot.

Can you help me basing on it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,311 Views)

Hi yhszz,

Did you take a look at the example Unclebump provided?

Please refer to the image below and accompanying comments.

A) I replaced you random number that generated the "W" data with a sine function. You can see that I am using the same sine function to modulate the color of the points used to cunstruct each plane.

B) Instead of the three loops to geneate you datat points I used two "Initialize array" functions to create the arrays that where constants. I then used a "Build array" to create a 3-d array for XYZ data. If you look closely at the For loop I use to plot the planes, you will see I am indexing on this input tunnels. Thtat reduces the 3-d down to 2-d with one "slice" for each plane. The "W" data is not indexed because I am using the same color modulation for each plane.

C) Since my eample relies on using more than one plot, I toss all plots so that I can can assume that every plot needs created.

D) Inside the For loop I plot one plane at a time where each planes is a unique plot.

If you still need help after modifying you code, please post the updated version of yur code and we will look again.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 03-05-2006 09:38 AM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,310 Views)

hi Ben and unclebump,

thanks for your help again.

i have made  a progression now on your shoulders. but these planes are separated , my next question is how to combine them into one cube?

thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,280 Views)
Hi yhszz, I think I have the same problem that you have, did you make some improves after the last thread???
I'm working in one project that I have to make the 3d plot of one object but I only can do the plot of each side of the object but not in the same graph, canyou help me??

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,099 Views)