From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d math plots library compilation every time I open a vi

I have been using Labview 2014 on a Red Hat 7.1 Workstation for a long time without problems. After changing the UID and GID of the user, every time I open a vi, Labview recompiles all vi's in /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2014-64/vi.lib/Math Plots/3D Math Plots/  which takes a long time.

Could someone explain me how to avoid this recompilation every time I open any vi?

Regards,

Alberto.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,797 Views)

When you close your VI, does it ask you to save those VI's that were recompiled?  If so, do that.

Normally, LabVIEW shouldn't need to recompile the VI's it installed.  But since you are using Linux where it is sort of a wild west environment and there could be a number of different things that change in the underlying operating system, it wouldn't surprise me if LabVIEW felt the need to recompile the VI's it had installed to match whatever flavor of Linux you are using at that moment.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,784 Views)

When closing labview it does not ask to save them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,772 Views)