From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D plot not correctly display

Solved!
Go to solution

I opened the example VI, "3D Surface Plot.VI", but the 3D plot indicator on the front panel did not display correctly. What's wrong with this? Is this a bug of Labview, or related to my computer hardware?  And how could I fix this problem?

aaa1.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,874 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pound

Hello Pound,

It would be extremely helpful if you could provide additional information on the version of LabVIEW and what OS you are using as well as what the computer hardware you noted might be an issue actually is.  Have you tested this on other computers that don't show the problem?

Right now all we have to go on is that you're using a version of LabVIEW that includes the 3D surface plot.

That being said, this looks similar to the issue noted here:

Labview 2011 and 2011 SP1 known issues: 3D Picture Controls can display transparently

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13164/en/#238713_by_Category

It appears that this is an issue with certain integrated graphics cards and one known solution is to update the drivers for said card.  Additional information is provided in the link above.

Best Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,834 Views)

Thank you. I tested on another computer and it is ok. I found the problem is the driver of my previous display card hardware. Once I stopped this driver, I could get the correct image.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,812 Views)

I had a similar issue today wherein the 3D Quiver and Contour plots would not display the axis and background. All i'd get would be a black box in the middle of the graph. When I saved the plot to a file I would then be able to see the plotted data.

Just to add to this post for others who come across a similar issue, my resolution was different to what was posted.

To resolve, I needed to attribute more RAM to my video card; from 256MB to 512MB. Once done I could see the plots properly.

Different to most, I am running LV2014 on Win7x32 using Parallels (v10.1.4) on a MacBook Pro. Changing the video memory for the virtual machine is fairly straight forward with immediate results (after a 'reboot' of course).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,687 Views)