LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D picture doesn't appear in stand alone executable application

Hi,

I have a labview appliation that has a 3D picture control and it  runs well in the developmant mode, but when I  built a stand alone executable file the 3D picture didn't appear. So, could you please give me some directions to solve that problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,260 Views)

Hi MSakr,

do you see any errors? During Build, warnings in the Dev. Environment, do you handle errors in your executable?

Have you tried running the exe in debug mode? (though I'm not sure what this means for the reproducability of your code)

LabVIEW Application Debugging

That all Failing, can you create a minimal example and try it with that to make sure nothing else is playing into your problem.

If the problem still persists after that we'd be happy to take a look at your code.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,223 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

I rebuild the executable file with enabling the debug and there are no errors either in the building or in the running mode.

Also, what do you mean by your question "do you handle errors in your executable?"

In the following link, you can find the NI wind turbine project that has 3D picture that I used in my project, I built that vi as an executable file with enabling debug, but the same occurs; no 3D picture appears! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKx-OGqoHMIQUw2RUVpbXo2c00/view?usp=sharing

What are your suggestions to solve this?

I really appreciate your help on this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,185 Views)

Hi MSakr,

I think what PeterFoerster meant by "error handling" was that you wired your error clusters in sequence (from one VI to the next) and had something like a "Simple Error Handler.vi" at the end of your program that would report any errors your program encounters.

I did take a look at your code, however I was not able to come to any definitive conclusion because I do not have access to the toolkits used and several files. Do you think you could create a simple reproducing case of this issue? One possible cause of this issue is that your UI thread is running out of memory because you are trying to display too much at once.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,139 Views)

Hi Samazing,

Thanks for your reply. For the error handler, yes I put a simple error handler for the error clusters, but I make it with no dialog option as I have in my application a modbus tcp connection that might have alot of connection errors.

For your suggetion about out of memory, in my application I have one 3D image only not three like in the NI system, and it runs well in the development mode. It doesn't appear in the executable only or in using the web publishing tool.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,129 Views)

Development Mode is different from execution mode. I think the quickest way to a solution would be to make a minimal working example (which you could even share with us) and try out if that works. It's pretty hard to debug anything, in a complete application. That's like telling your mechanic you hear "dingdingding" and him telling you one of the bolts on your left front wheel was loose. When working with connection based interfaces it has become good practice to delete certain errors, where they happen.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,108 Views)