LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D data (xyz) with timestamp extrapolation

Hello,

I have got some 3D trajectory data which contains XYZ coordinates and timestamp for every point of trajectory. It's a part data of full trajectory (without start and end) and I would like to extrapolate missing points backward to starting point and forward to the last point of trajectory using LabView. I found some information about 2D extrapolation in software, but there was nothing about 3D data. From my experience, I know that trajectory should be fitted to a 3rd order polynomial trajectory and I would like to get extrapolated values of XYZ related with timestamps and counted to Y coordinate Y= - 79,82 (or close to this) for both backward and forward ( the trajectory starts on Y= - 79,82 and ends on Y= - 79,82). To be understood, X and Z coordinates are horizontal and Y coordinate means height. Is there any method to do this 3D extrapolation in LabView? Please try to understand me. In attachments You can find mentioned data.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,849 Views)

I think you can independently extrapolate each axis as x(t), y(t), z(t). And then collect all points back to trajectory.

But it look like 3rd order polynomial is not good idea.
Red dots is your data for X. And white curve is extrapolation by polynomial coefficients from "General Polynomial Fit VI" with order 3.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,810 Views)