From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D array to 3D plot

The sort of data I have is like container have voxel  in the three dimensions. The data I have is the value for each voxel (3D array) and the boundary for each voxel (1D array for each coordiant).  I want to visualize the 3D array using 3D plot surface (or scatter graph).  When I connect the 3D array to the 3D plot helper, I got an error because they are from different types.  Can I convert the 3 D array to 3D plot lvclass array. Is there an easier way to visualize 3D array? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,974 Views)

There's no built in method for displaying voxel data. The easiest way would probably be to create a 3D scene with a cube for each voxel- this is something you would have to code yourself. You can look at the 'Solar System' VI that ships with LabVIEW to get pointers on how to build a 3D scene.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,969 Views)

can not use the voxel boundries as x.y.z coordinates and the 3D arrayas a value at crossponding points??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,965 Views)

Could you pleas let me know how I can find the solar  system VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,963 Views)

If you convert the data into the right format, no reason why your idea shouldn't work- you will need to write a function to do the conversion obviously.

From the LV menu, click Help->Find Examples, then search 'solar system'.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,951 Views)

Is not there a built-in  function to conver array to image in labview (even in 2D). Thus can be made very easilly in MATLAB. I will be suprised if there is no such a function in LV even in 2D!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,909 Views)