LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D array to 3D plot

The sort of data I have is like container have voxel  in the three dimensions. The data I have is the value for each voxel (3D array) and the boundary for each voxel (1D array for each coordiant).  I want to visualize the 3D array using 3D plot surface (or scatter graph).  When I connect the 3D array to the 3D plot helper, I got an error because they are from different types.  Can I convert the 3 D array to 3D plot lvclass array. Is there an easier way to visualize 3D array? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,925 Views)

There's no built in method for displaying voxel data. The easiest way would probably be to create a 3D scene with a cube for each voxel- this is something you would have to code yourself. You can look at the 'Solar System' VI that ships with LabVIEW to get pointers on how to build a 3D scene.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,920 Views)

can not use the voxel boundries as x.y.z coordinates and the 3D arrayas a value at crossponding points??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,916 Views)

Could you pleas let me know how I can find the solar  system VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,914 Views)

If you convert the data into the right format, no reason why your idea shouldn't work- you will need to write a function to do the conversion obviously.

From the LV menu, click Help->Find Examples, then search 'solar system'.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,902 Views)

Is not there a built-in  function to conver array to image in labview (even in 2D). Thus can be made very easilly in MATLAB. I will be suprised if there is no such a function in LV even in 2D!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,860 Views)