LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Picture Zoom programming

What is the way that you can determine and set the zoom factor on the 3D Picture control?  I can only seem to do it by keyboard functions Shift+ Drag up/down.  When I programmatically draw an object in the picture, it may be larger than the picture itself and I want to be able to produce a visible screen object for the user without all the manual intervention.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,902 Views)

Hi,

I believe the ModelView Matrix property for the 3D Picture control may be what you want to use. The ModelView Matrix property reads or writes a matrix that contains the translation, rotation, and scale values for the 3D scene that appears in the 3D picture control.

Another option would be to use the AutoFocus method for the 3D Picture control. The AutoFocus method positions the camera to view all 3D scene objects in the front panel window.

-Jake B.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,873 Views)

Is there a trick that doesn't involve digging into the Modelview layer?

It would be nice to set the zoom just as you can in an IMAQ window, for example.

I can't see a zoom property but that doesn't mean it isn't hiding somewhere......

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,509 Views)

Hello caleyjag,

Typically we recommend that you do not comment on posts that are several years old and encourage you to create a new forum post so that you may receive the most visibility as older post may go unnoticed.

However, I was able to find this help document, Configuring a Camera for a 3D Scene, that discusses zooming on a scene display. You can simply <shift>+click and drag on the scene display to zoom in and out. I was able to do this with the 3D Model of Solar System.vi example.

Regards,

Sam K

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,487 Views)