Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Picture: Applying Different Textures to Faces of a Cube

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cepera

I am not so adept at 3D so I tend to keep it simple, but I have done something similar before.  See if this helps you out.

TextureCube.PNG

Message 11 of 20
(3,905 Views)

Hi Darin,

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing!

Sergey

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(3,896 Views)

I need something like that, but I need a head instead of cube. I could use "creat sphare.vi" and "Apply Texture.vi" to stick a 3D face on the sphare. It's working and I can rotate the head(Sphare) but I need a mesh like human head instead of sphare, so that it will look like a real 3D head. I've attached what I had.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(3,240 Views)

How can I create 3D oval to use it instead of spheral. then it will be a little like the head?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(3,237 Views)

Labview offers a way to automatically apply texture to its standard 3D shapes like cube, sphere, cone, cylinder, etc. If you want to apply a texture to any shape that is not LabVIEW standard, you will have to upload the shape, like a .stl, and apply the texture coordinate that you might create in software like Blender. That is not an easy task you have not done it before.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(3,210 Views)

You can apply a scale transformation to the Sphere along one of it's axes to make a 3D oval.

Message 16 of 20
(3,179 Views)

Thank you Marc

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(3,161 Views)

Thank you Pauldavey

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(3,158 Views)

Hi Darin. I know this post is old, but How could I modify the polygon parameters? (Deep high width)

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,600 Views)

Expand the Front Panel and you will see the controls for the vertex array.  It has 6 rows, one for each face of the cube.  Each face is defined by 4 vertices.  Just change the values accordingly.

Message 20 of 20
(1,579 Views)