LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

370B

I'm trying to find a driver for my Tektronix 370B Curve Tracer.
I have downloaded the 370A driver and it isn't automatically compatible.
If someone knows how to alter the driver so that it will work with the 370B I would appreciate directions
Smiley Very Happy
-A_Ball
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,262 Views)
Hi A_Ball,

What problems are you seeing with this driver? One thing I noticed is that in the 370A Setup Management.vi, in the "Check instrument ID" (case number 5) section, it is specifically looking for the 370A or the 371A. You can modify it so that it also looks for the 370B by changing the match pattern string from "37[01]A" to "37[01][AB]". This will only help you if the instrument returns its identity to the string "ID?" (the usual SCPI command is "*IDN?").

This is only one thing I found after a cursory glance of the driver without having access to the 370B programming guide. As long as your device has the same command set, you should be able to use this instrument driver. It's not a NI certified driver, so it's not supported by NI and may not contain all of the functionality or have the structure that you'd see in a certified driver. But it is at least a start!

Without having this instrument it's hard for me to help troubleshoot this driver, but post back with what errors/problems you're seeing with this driver. I'll see if there's anything I can do to help!

Regards,
Missy S.
Project Engineer
RoviSys
Message 2 of 7
(3,242 Views)
Thank you MissyD,
    The first issue that I was having with the Driver is that it was looking for the 370A specifically.
I will try the changes that you suggest.  I will be out next week so as soon as I'm back in the office I will reply and let you know what happened!
Again thank you!
--Aball
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,227 Views)

Hi MissyD,

I am a co-worker of A_Ball, and am working on the same issue with the driver for the 370B. I tried making the changes you suggested (changing the match pattern string in the Setup Management.vi to 37[01][AB]). When I run the driver after this change I still get the error message that says "The instrument at this GPIB address is not a Tektronix 370A". When I click OK on the error message, it appears that the program keeps running, and the Fixture Setup Dialog box appears. I type in the device serial number and press continue, and a message box pops up that says "Enable outputs, Close fixture cover, Click READY when it's right...". I do as it instructs (enable outputs, close the cover) and click ready. I then click the green button that says "Test a device" and it takes me back to the fixture setup dialog box, asking for the serial number again. It never does anything with the actual device, it just keeps giving me back the fixture setup dialog box. My LabView skills are very limited (I'm taking a training course in a couple weeks, but till then I kinda groping!). Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but I'm not sure. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,204 Views)
Hey guys,
i have the same problems,as SBracht with Tektronix Curve Tracer 370B. Has
anybody solved the problem? Would u help me please. Thx!

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutprogramming.com/group/comp.lang.labview/
More information at http://www.talkaboutprogramming.com/faq.html

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,977 Views)

I also have the same problem with driving the tektronix 370B, If anyone find the solution, can you share it with me, I would appriciate it, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,576 Views)

Since none of these people have been here in over ten years, I doubt you'll get an answer.  If you could not figure out how to do what they were trying to do, it might be easier just to make your own drivers.

Consult the manuals you have for the equipment and see if you can successfuly talk to the instrument.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,566 Views)