LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 KS/s data collection and database logging

I am trying to acquire 5 analog inputs from a CompactDAQ system and log these with timestamps to an SQL database at a rate of 32,000 samples per second.  The acquisition takes place during one second of the cycle and I have almost 2 more seconds to get the data into the database (3 second press cycle).  I am using a 9203 (one point) and a 9305 (four points) module.  What is the simplest method of implementing this?  What Labview tools and/or VI's should be used? Can anyone provide me an example of how to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,351 Views)

How are you wanting to store the data as a waveform/array (pretty easy) or as individual values (will require divine intervention)? Also, what kind of database?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 4
(2,343 Views)

Waveform is the preferred method as we are trying to capture a tonnage signature from a press.  The DB will end up being SQL, but for the purposes of the trial, I would like to keep it simple since we are running from a laptop.  If Access can handle the speed, this would be the simplist.  I also have SQL Server Express 2005 on the laptop which could be utilized. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,339 Views)
Check-out this thread it offers some good discussion of the issues and code for communicating with databases. In terms of what you are wanting to do, if you have access to a full version of SQL Server - or even the free version which is also very good - it would be much better than Jet.

Miked...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 4
(2,319 Views)