From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 unity of ni 9219 on one chassis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to measure strain of 3 jauges (every jauge acquire strain of 3 directions). 

I would to know if i could use 3 unity of NI 9219 on one chassis?

Because i tried to use 2 acquisition board and i get an error! I should use only one board!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,373 Views)
I don't understand your question. The 9219 has 4 channels. What do you mean by 3 unity?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,365 Views)

Hello 

The picture of the unity (or module) is attached. In fact, i would to use 3 of it on the same chassis ( in the second picture). 

Thank you very much,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,336 Views)
What you mean to say is that you want to use 3 channels of a single 9219, if I understand your Google translation correctly. As already mentioned, your device has 4 channels so you can certainly use less than or equal to that number. For connecting them, please provide some details on the actual sensor/gauge.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,323 Views)

It is not channels! I mean 4 pieces of NI 9219 which i will use on the chassis!!

I have 9 strain gages to connect !

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M.A.H

Simulating a cDAQ-9174 Chassis with 3 cDAQ-9219 modules in NI MAX does not generate any errors hence I'd say yes, it is possible.

To make sure, I strongly recommend to contact your local NI service.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,303 Views)

Unfortunatly the 9219 is one of the devices that does not support a single Task with phyical channels on different devices.  You will need 3 Tasks (one for each device)

An Action Engine somewhat simillar to this example (where I ran into a simillar situation with multiple cDAQ devices) can help out a lot:

Flow.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,296 Views)

Thanks very much  jg69.

I would know also how would i calibrate the NI 9219.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,294 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M.A.H

@M.A.H wrote:

Thanks very much  @JensG69.

I would know also how would i calibrate the NI 9219.

Assuming you want to account for the strain guage variabilities:  Rotate the guages and place a known mass on top.  Record the measurement with and without the mass.  Adjust the channel's "Scale" Slope and offset per actual recorded values.

Calibration of the 9219 is a different matter- It should have shipped with a certificate of calibration.  Well, actually, they are on-line and you look them up by serial number from "MyProducts" on your ni.com profile (you do need to register your products!)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,290 Views)

Thanks 

I have registred my product now. The system must verify the product then i will download the certificate!

I would thank you another time for your answers.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,273 Views)