LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-D customize plot

hello all,

my problem is i am getting data from detector and i have to plot this data as histogram or say 3-d graph(i am still not sure what i can call it..! Smiley Frustrated)

So i am getting X-Y co-ordinate and now i have to plot it.Requirement is every second we will get this data so i have to update it.data will be around 10k min.So as per requirement i have to change its intensity coloras per perticular co-ordinate.Now i am confuse what i should use?

I am checking many threads on forum but not able to decide what to use?

Info:Detector plate is circular so have circular line like polar plot and as per data have to chage it... SO plz help me out here.

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,447 Views)

hello all..

plz take a look in attached Vi. i have done this much so far.

Now for my application i want some specific picture of detector surface and on which i want this intensity colorramp.plz tell me weather it is possible or not and how?  

we are planning to read data up to 100K per second so i am also confuse about its feasibility.Is it possible to read and update on this rate?

thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,413 Views)

100k per second?

What is the refresh rate of your monitor?

I bet it's significantly less than 100kHz.  Probably more like 100Hz.  Updating faster than about 10Hz is in most cases not neccessary.

I have done some work on using textures in a 3D picture and I have to say that it's slow.  There ARE methods int he OpenGL library to allow faster updates of textures but they are not exposed.  The problem is that you can't simply update the texture values in memory, this would be fast.  Instead you need to replace one texture with another and this is slow.

Depending on the size of your image maps I would reckon hitting 10Hz would certainly be a more realistic target than 100kHz.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,396 Views)