LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Array 1 element a double int and the other Date and time for output to file

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok I got the date fixed so it will display properly  and with the light bulb and using the probe I figured out that the number to decimal string converter doesn't work in this case but I can't even find where I got the thing from. 

What I need is a floating point to string converter but I can't find were I got that thing from, it would make sense to have it in the string functions 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(2,308 Views)

There is a Number to Fractional String function in the Number/String Conversion subpalette within the String palette.

Also, if you kinda know the name of something, press Ctrl+space to open the quick-drop menu.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 22 of 29
(2,303 Views)

unfortunately the value I want is in a 1d array to start with so a straight conversion won't work and labview doesn't seem to have anything useful to converst floating point to string much less a floating point in a 1d array to a string which I've been searching for.

Is there no 1d array floating point to floating point string converter

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(2,294 Views)

@rr1024 wrote:

unfortunately the value I want is in a 1d array to start with so a straight conversion won't work and labview doesn't seem to have anything useful to convert floating point to string

It is called Format Into Sring

much less a floating point in a 1d array to a string which I've been searching for.

No.  But you put the Format Into String into a For Loop.  Auto-index on the input and output tunnels.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(2,292 Views)

@rr1024 wrote:

unfortunately the value I want is in a 1d array to start with so a straight conversion won't work and labview doesn't seem to have anything useful to converst floating point to string much less a floating point in a 1d array to a string which I've been searching for.

This is just not true. The Number to Fractional String function can recieve an array of numbers. There is also another function in the same palette that goes back the other way.

If you need fancy formatting for your string use the Format Into String node, as suggested above, inside a For loop. The Format String for that can be something like "%.2f" if you only want 2 decimal places. Use the Help window and documentation for more options.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(2,284 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@rr1024 wrote:

unfortunately the value I want is in a 1d array to start with so a straight conversion won't work and labview doesn't seem to have anything useful to convert floating point to string

much less a floating point in a 1d array to a string which I've been searching for.

No.  But you put the Format Into String into a For Loop.  Auto-index on the input and output tunnels.

Format Into String does not connect to a 1d array with a floating point, sorry to say

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(2,272 Views)

@rr1024 wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

@rr1024 wrote:

Format Into String does not connect to a 1d array with a floating point, sorry to say

Please reread what I said.  You wrap the format into string in a For Loop.  Autoindex in and out of the for loop.

Message 27 of 29
(2,268 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rr1024

LIke RavensFan said:

f.png

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 28 of 29
(2,264 Views)

That is frustrating... Same thing, dude. This function as been in this thread from the start.

To Fractional String.PNG

Cheers

Message 29 of 29
(2,227 Views)