LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-2147467259 from Database

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using SQL server(x86), XP SP3, LV2011 and its 32bit also using UDL file to connect to database.

when manually configuring the UDL file then I am able to access database also test connection succedded. When I use the UDL file in my application to connect to database then it generates the error 

any suggestion?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,574 Views)
What did the message that went with the error code say? Also, did you try Googling the error code (in Hex)?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,558 Views)

Yes I tried googling it. Its says it might possible because of architecture issue(64 or 32 bit). But my PC and all application is of 32 bit. 

I have seen this error first time in which I am able to confirugre te UDL file and not able to access my database. 

In same PC I am able to access database using UDL but not from my application. Method of calling is correctt

I am attaching my UDL as well as my error code

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,548 Views)

There are a number of errors that return that error code. The text is more revealing. Are you trying to use Windows integrated security (SSPI) in the UDL?

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,530 Views)

No I am using SQL mode

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,526 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ranjeet_Singh

This problem is solved.

Creating UDL file again in same PC in which application is running, solved the problem.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,523 Views)
Ah. So the UDL wasn't correct. Could you post the UDL that worked for you?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,504 Views)

I'd wager it was either a hardcoded user/pass or poorly implemented SSPI, judging from the error message.

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,499 Views)

The thing people don't appreciate is that a UDL is just a text file and so can't get "corrupted" like a binary file can.

Because it's a text file uou can open a UDL with Notepad and see the connnection string that is was defined. This could be a case of something not being setup right in the file, or perhaps permissions on the file itself were configured incorrectly.

Mike..

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,491 Views)