From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-2147467259/ Operation must use an updateable query.

Hello, i have a problem with database connectivity toolkit, when I converted the program I'm developing into an application and when I try to execute an INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE query it is giving out an error saying "Operation must use an updateable query." but the SELECT querry it is working properly.

If any feel he/she can help please do not hesitate. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,302 Views)

Hi Amahoro,

Can you give some more details about what you are doing when this error occurs? Does this error only occur when you run the executable, but not the program in the development environment?  Any additional info will be helpful!

Ashley G.
Senior Applications Engineer | RF & Wireless Communications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,246 Views)
What version of LabVIEW? What DBMS? Is there a reason the you are using the DCT? There are easier methods that are much less complicated, and which give errors that are useful.

One of the issues here is that the type of error you cite comes from the SQL engine in the DBMS. Unfortunately the DCT hides the SQL statements from you so you can't tell what the problem really is. So unless the complete error message repeats back to you the command that generated the error, just start looking for anything incorrect. Wrong number of parameters, parameters out of order, permissions problems, etc.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,226 Views)

"What version of LabVIEW? What DBMS? Is there a reason the you are using the DCT? There are easier methods that are much less complicated, and which give errors that are useful."

@mike

What other methods do you advise?

Glad to answer questions. Thanks for any KUDOS or marked solutions 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,202 Views)
This is a good place to start. This approach does require you to learn a bit about SQL, but it isn't hard and you can at least troubleshoot problems.

http://www.notatamelion.com/2015/01/05/managing-data-the-easy-way/

This technique also increases your support options because it isn't depending on any special software.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,189 Views)

Hi, I know the thread is old but there aren't any other threads i found for this specific error.

Though i discovered that this error can be caused by security permissions of database file.

If you are using ms-access database then check its permissions.

Open DB file properties go to security tab Select ALL APPLICATIONS PACKAGES and check allow Full Control box by clicking on edit button.

Regards

Rishav Preet

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,079 Views)