From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-2147024882 Ran out of memory when trying to use automation open

Hello,

I am currently trying to use labview to insert variables into a label template for a brady label printer.

When I run the VI, the load screen appears for labelview 9, then an error is thrown by the automation open command, saying that the system has run out of memory.

I do not understand this, as the application is only told to open once, and is not in a loop or anything.

its driving me absolutely mad, so any help would be greatly appreciated

Here is the output from the error out:

"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. in TEKLYNX Open.vi->TEKLYNX Example.vi"

(note: TEKLYNX Example.vi is the main VI, all sub vi's will be attached as well)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,622 Views)

Ran out of attachments, so here are the rest of the sub VI's

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,621 Views)

and the last one

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,620 Views)

Why didn't you just zip up all the files into an archive? That would have been easier than to create 3 messages just to post each file.

2 of your VIs are in LabVIEW 2011. "Open" and "Document Load".

When you run the VI are you running it just once, or are you trying to use the Run Continuously button? Be aware that even with the VIs there may not be anything we can do if we do not have the ActiveX component or the printer. This may be an ActiveX component issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,597 Views)

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem, did you ever find the cause of this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,382 Views)

Hi Benjamin_Antaya,

Could you please describe your situation a bit more? Are you getting the same error message but using different files and/or hardware or do you have the exact same setup?

Please note, this problem seems to have occurred with LabVIEW 2011. What about your version of the software? A broader description of your issue and setup would be beneficial.

Also, it appears that the error message is coming from Windows rather than LabVIEW itself. This is what Microsoft has to say about it.

Bear in mind that as smercurio_fc has already mentioned, it might be very difficult to help you without having the ActiveX components and the actual hardware used.

Mark N
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,359 Views)

Hi Mark,

My situation is te same as described, I'm trying to run an automation open to get through the methods and properties to control a Teklynx printer. 

So when i get in the automation open, my REFNUM is 0 but i chose the labelmanager.application which is the activeX component I have to use. Then I get the error : -2147024882 Out of memory. 

Iincreased the memory allocation to 3 Gig although I didn't think it would change anything and it didn't. 

So I know it's not because i don't use too much of memory.

So I'm a bit stucked there.

I attached the small program I am testing.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,350 Views)

Hi Mark,

I realize a can give you more info than I did. 

Here is a link to Download the program I'm calling via activeX:

http://www.teklynx.com/en/resource-center/downloads/labelview-demo

I'm running on Windows 7 and have 8 Gig of ram and a coreI5.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,337 Views)

I have tried your VI myself and encountered the same error message.

Have you tried using these ActiveX components outside of LabVIEW anywhere?

Mark N
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,312 Views)