LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-2146827284 Error after NI Update Service

NI sent me an email about a security vulnerability that was discovered in ActiveX components installed with National Instruments software. After downloading and running the NI Update Service for a system without the service the MS Office Report Generation ToolKit does not function. 

Is there a fix for this? Full error message follows:

Error -2146827284 occurred at Exception occurred in Microsoft Excel: Add method of Workbooks class failedHelp Path is xlmain11.chm and context 0 in NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Excel_Create_Workbook.vi->NI_Excel.lvclass:new report subVI.vi->NI_report.lvclass:New Report.vi->INPUT Well Info.vi

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-2146827284) or for its hexadecimal representation (0x800A03EC).

mcnearymw
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,635 Views)

Hello Mcneary, 

I do not believe that this behavior has yet to be reported with the Report Generation Toolkit after running the Update Service. In an attempt to fix any possible corruption, I would first perform a Repair on your Report Generation Toolkit, and then let us know if you are still seeing the same error. 

Huntington W
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

***Don't forget to give Kudos and Accepted as Solution where it is deserved***
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,604 Views)

The RGTK is working fine now after following the installation instructions located in the NI CAR 248732.

mcnearymw
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,469 Views)