LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 web service in cRIO build

I have labview 2014 and a crio 9023.  In the developer mode I can run the rt.exe and the developer mode web service that sits on the crio.  Then I can have my pc app talk to the server. All three programs work together, but then I make a build......

Question 1

In the web services dialog I check my server, configure the ports, but then I need to look for the ssl certificate.  Since I'm using labview's generated ssl cert on the crio, I enter the cio name/ip address to query the for the ssl certificate but none are found.  Something I'm missing here?  So I just enter the path in the box provided to the ssl certificate on the crio c:\ni-rt\system\niwebcer\server_certs\server_0.cer and proceed.  

Question 2

I build and deploy.  The crio is running indicated by the user led on the controller.  I also put RT Debug String in my server startup application so that every 2 seconds the startup vi outputs the time of the last update from the rt.exe.  So now I know my server is running.  But this server does not show up in the web based - web server configuration page?  Is the web server config page for standalone servers only or should I see my integrated server that is tied to my build?

Question 3

I change the webserver port that my pc app is directed to, and run the program.  Unfortunately the server is not found.  If I use the "show URL" button in the project, copy that url into explorer, I still get a server not found.  Do the paths change for a build besides the port? Do I need to include my server method VI's in the build? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,617 Views)

Got somewhere:

1. I leave that blank and let the crio use the "default" what ever that is.  I can not get the the it to query and find the certificate.  Couldn't resolve this question.

2. That page seems to be for standalone servers only. A unique server tied to the application does not appear here.

3. The ports I selected in the web services page of the build were already taken by the system/application web servers. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,588 Views)