LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013LinuxCW14.zip corrupt, will not unzip on Linux

Hi folks, the LabView Compile Worker 2013 for Linux zip file ( 2013LinuxCW14.zip) appears to be corrupt. We also tried to unzip it on OS X and Windows machines with the same issues. We had the same problem with the 2012 compile worker zip file and NI recreated it for us. Is there somebody that can look into this one for us? Thanks...Kevin

--

username@hostname:/home/username/Software/FPGA/NI>ls -l  
total 4387220
-rw-r--r-- 1 username users 4492503086 Feb 20 10:57 2013LinuxCW14.zip

username@hostname:/home/username/Software/FPGA/NI>unzip 2013LinuxCW14.zip
Archive:  2013LinuxCW14.zip
warning [2013LinuxCW14.zip]:  197535286 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
error [2013LinuxCW14.zip]:  start of central directory not found;
  zipfile corrupt.
  (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
  appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,861 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Where did you get the zip file from? Did you download it from ni.com? I just downloaded the file from ni.com, and I was unable to unzip it successfully (on a Windows 7 machine). It sounds like just that particular copy of the file may be corrupted, which may mean you can get around this issue by just downloading the file again from ni.com (from the link below). Try downloading a new copy of the file, and let me know if the problem persists.

LabVIEW 2013 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools 14.4 - RHEL 6.3
http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2013/4238/en/

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,814 Views)

Interesting... I downloaded it on a CentOS VM and got the same error as batc when unzipping from the terminal. I'll try intalling 7-zip on the machine, and see if that makes a difference. It definitely could be a result of the differences between Windows and Linux OS's hanling of newline characters or something of that nature.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,809 Views)

OK, I think I found the problem... The archive is too big! 

The way I found out was by running:

# zip -FF 2013LinuxCW2014.zip 

To actaully get the installer extracted:

# su

# yum install p7zip

# 7za x 2013LinuxCW14.zip

Large file support is added in unzip 6.0 and later (according to google searching).

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,798 Views)

That worked.

Ryan, we downloaded from the link you referenced several times with the same results.

TJ, p7zip did the trick, thanks for the tip. I hadn't used it before, but then again, I hadn't run into 4.2 GB zip files either ;-)...

Thanks so much for the help everybody...Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,782 Views)

I just realized my above post has a typo in it: it was supposed to read "I was able to unzip it successfully (on a Windows 7 machine)," not "I was unable to unzip it successfully (on a Windows 7 machine)." Sorry for the confusion; that's a pretty significant typo.

In any case, it looks like TJ has identified the root cause of the problem, and it sounds like you were able to follow the steps he recommended and access the contents of the file.

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,740 Views)