LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 FPGA Upgrade Procedure

I am trying to upgrade my Professional Development Environment from Labview 2011 to 2012.

Is there a clear explaination of what software I need for the FPGA module? In particular I seem to struggle with getting a new compile Worker up and running.

I see several Labview 2012 FPGA related files in the download section, but am confused as to what get used to set up the my development computer and then what gets used to install the Compile Worker on a remote computer.

This all worked for me under 2011.

Thanks

Rick

Just a little whine, but I am on day 4 of trying to bring my environment up to 2012, as it has been a fight every step of the way so far

Smiley Sad

Rick Foster
MIT Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,236 Views)

Hi Rick,

I'm not sure I exactly understand what problem you are having, but I'll try to give you some direction.  You'll want to install LabVIEW 2012, then LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Real Time Modules if you have Real Time available to you.  Finally, if you are trying to compile something you've developed in LabVIEW 2012, you will want to make sure that you have Xilinx Compile Tools 13.4 for LabVIEW 2012 installed on your computer as well.

After you get all that installed, you'll want to install NI-RIO 12.  After a reboot, you should be able to compile to your local compile server.  If you haven't installed the 13.4 compile tools, that is probably the cause of the issue you are seeing.  I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,213 Views)

Yes, I worked my way thru those steps already.

In addition, I needed to download the Compiler Farm Server tool, as I run the compiler on a machine other than my development machine. This server was not needed in LV2011. It is not clear from the description that you will now need this software to do any remote compiles ( and only need to purchase it if you want to run two or more simultaneous compiles)

There really should be straight forward upgrade procedure written up with these  links to these different packages, released WITH these major upgrades. I have had to scrounge around the download area trying to guess at what packages I needed. Some I knew only from past experience, other not.

Rick

Rick Foster
MIT Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,204 Views)

Hi Rick,

You shouldn't need to install the Compile Farm Server tool to do remote compiles with LabVIEW 2012 from what I've found.  You will need to make sure that the computer that is going to be doing the compiling has the appropriate compile tools installed, that the compile worker is running on that machine and also that the compile server is set up to be accessed remotely.  Also, is your remote compiler a Linux or a Windows machine?  If you are trying to just compile remotely, you should not need to use the Compile Farm Server.  You will need to verify that the two computers are on the same network however.

What exactly are you having problems getting configured at this point?  You will basically be treating the remote computer the same as you would a compile farm, but using the farm is not required.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,183 Views)