LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 TCSCAN

Hello. I use this thread, b/c I have 2001 TCSCAN card with 2002 Multimeter. I am total noob at LabView. I downloaded 2002 Multimeter drivers. What I need is- measure 4W resistance (channel 2 plus 7) and at the same time measure temperature (channel 5). Then put the two values into XY graph. I wolud be glad for any help. The maual can be found here: www.keithley.com/data?asset=834
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(893 Views)

you can not measure simultaneously 4W R and temp.

you will need to measure a voltage, convert it to a temp (check cold junction) then measure 4W (or the other way around)

N

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(890 Views)
Thanks for quick response. OK I do not have to measure these two values at the same time, there could be 1 second time delay. The main problem I have is write the syntax of commands. The driver gives me "send/read message" function, which I guess is used for sending commands and receiving output. But I need just simple 4W resistance reading from CH2+CH7, then I could "copy" it and write the other part of program using the pattern.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(888 Views)

The 2001 manual has SCPI commands exemples ( a lot).

You need to initiate the DMM

*RST

then configure it for 4W reading MEAS something, look in the doc

close the chanel ROUTe:CLOSe array

Trigger the measurement, etc

2001 is not the simplest instrument but it should work, just read then write something in LV and only then ask what is the problem...

N

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(885 Views)

I'm really newcomer labview user. Now I try to temperature measurement by 2001-TCSCAN with KE2000 DMM.

Could you tell me how to set up KE2000 DMM hard ware.

(I'm chemist. Please tell me how to set up 2001-TCSCAN in KE2000, and some parameter changing of KE2000.)

If it's permitted, could you upload vi file?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(847 Views)
You can download the driver VIs yourself. Go to Help> Find Instrument Drivers. You can go to the Instrument Driver main page to get info on what a driver is and how to use one.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(841 Views)

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I cheked  Find Instrument Drivers and try to use "KE2000 Getting started.vi".

It was working. But the thermocouple can connect only front side probe connector.

"KE2000 Getting started.vi" does not have Tc type selection setting.

Would you tell me which vi can control 2001 TCSCAN, multi Tc data logging?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(834 Views)

The Getting Started is just that - an example that gives you a rough idea of what the driver can do. It is not intended to solve all problems.

My version of the driver does not have a Getting Started example so I don't know what you are using or if you grabbed an old driver for some reason. In my version of the driver there are functions to open/close relays of scanner cards that are inserted and there are thermcouple configure and thermocouple read functions. After you read the manual for the KE2000 and the TC card, you should be able to figure out what functions you need to call.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(825 Views)